Sounds like a plan
It might be mid-winter but our year is just beginning. Council’s rating year runs from 1 July to 30 June. Every three years we create a Long Term Plan (LTP) and every year we update our programme to match our progress and any unforeseen changes.
For the 2017/18 year the services you receive from us will stay the same. Our focus will be on working towards completing some major capital projects, like the ones shown below.
- sealed road resurfacing and improvements ($1,909,000)
- increasing treated water storage on the Hauraki Plains ($2,800,000).
- connecting the Kaimanawa water supply with Paeroa ($1,995,000).
- upgrading the Waitakaruru water treatment plant ($1,000,000).
- increasing the height of our stopbanks on the Hauraki Plains ($502,000).
- renewing wastewater pipes in Paeroa ($1,257,000).
- completing the Wharf Street section of the Wharf/Mackay streetscape in Paeroa ($567,000).
- further development of Karangahake Reserve ($517,000)
Cost of operating for 2017/18
- Governance and leadership $3,096,000
- Roads and footpaths $8,152,000
- Water supply $5,924,000
- Wastewater $3,188,000
- Land drainage $1,026,000
- Stormwater $785,000
- Solid waste $548,000
- Community services $5,886,000
- Community development $2,100,000
- Regulatory services $3,666,000
We’re keeping the rates down
We’ve been able to reduce the general rate rise we had signalled in our LTP, from a 4.20% increase to a 3.69% increase.
We’ve kept our water rate increase in line with what we signalled in our Long Term Plan, which means a 2.0% increase in water rates.