Entries are now open for the Hauraki-Coromandel Business Awards
Celebrating excellence in business - that's the aim of the new Hauraki - Coromandel Business Awards taking place in September.
The awards are a joint effort between Coromandel's More FM, Thames-Coromandel District Council and Hauraki District Council, to celebrate our top businesses and to showcase what our districts have to offer.
The Hauraki and Thames-Coromandel district mayors, John Tregidga and Sandra Goudie, are very excited about the awards and they see this as a great oportunity for both districts to work together.
Smart Environmental have stepped up as major sponsor of the event. Owner Grahame Christian said "we leapt at the opportunity to recognise the success of individuals, who through their efforts make businesses great in the Hauraki and Coromandel Region."
Other sponsors include Unichem Heather Moore Pharmacy, Oceana Gold, BNZ, Placemakers Whitianga, Hikaka Investigations, Lynch and Partners, Richardsons Real Estate.
The awards will be announced at gala evening event on Thursday 28 September at Puka Park in Pauanui. Tickets go on sale 1 August.
In the best interests of your business, your category may be changed by the judges. In this instance full consultation will be made with the entrant business. The Chief Judge’s decision will be final. The People’s Choice Award winner will not be eligible for the Supreme Business of the Year Award. No information will be disclosed to individuals or organisations other than the judges and Awards Convenor.
- 15 June – Entries open.
- 29 June – Whitianga information workshop hosted by Waikato Innovation Park at 4pm, Mediaworks Whitianga.
- 4 July – Workshops;
- Paeroa at 11am, Hauraki District Council office,
- Thames at 2pm Thames-Coromandel District Council offices,
- Whangamata TBC
- Coromandel Town TBC.
Please indicate your attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 July – Entries and nominations for 'People’s Choice' award close.
- 1 August – 20 September – 'People’s Choice' voting.
- 31 August – Finalists announced.
- 1 – 15 September – Judges visit finalists.
- 20 September – 'People’s choice' voting closes.
- 28 September – Gala event to announce winners at Puka Park Resort, Pauanui.
Download an official entry pack and guidelines [PDF, 1.2 MB]
Keep up to date by following www.facebook.com/HaurakiCoromandelBusinessAwards on Facebook.
The official Awards website will be available from next week www.haurakicoromandelbusinessawards.co.nz