Pursuant to Section 37 of the Dog Control Act 1996 the Hauraki District Council by Resolution of Council on 28th March 2018 fixed the dog control fees for this Registration Year 01 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
2018/2019 Fee Scale:
|Fee Classification||Fee||Fee If Paid After 31/07/18|
|General Dog (Entire)||$100.00||$150.00|
|General Dog (De-sexed) ** Vet Certificate Required||$75.00||$112.50|
|R.O.L Dog (Entire)||$57.00||Loss of Licence|
|R.O.L Dog (De-sexed) ** Vet Certificate Required||$42.00||Loss of Licence|
|Dogs in Excess of (3) Three||$35.00||$52.50|
|Dangerous Dog (Entire)||$150.00||$225.00|
|Dangerous Dog (De-sexed) ** Vet Certificate Required||$112.50||$168.75|
Pound and Miscellaneous Fees:
|First Time Impoundment||$70.00|
|Second Time Impoundment||$100.00|
|Third Time Impoundment||$160.00|
Sustenance Fee Per Day
Consent To Keep More than 2 Dogs in an Urban Area
ROL (Responsible Owner Licence Scheme Application Fee)
ROL Property Check Fee (ROL transfer from another Council)
Replacement dog registration tag (for lost or damaged tags)
** Fees Include GST / Vet Certificate required for De-sexing Rebate
Would you like a reduction in Dog Registration Fees?
Have you thought about obtaining a RESPONSIBLE OWNER LICENCE (R.O.L)?
Council’s Responsible Owner Licensing Scheme rewards those dog owners who keep their dogs under control at all times, and have a good Registration history, with a reduced Fee (from $100.00 to $57.00, or $37.00 if the dog is de-sexed)
The major Criteria to obtain a RESPONSIBLE OWNER LICENCE are:
- Complete the prescribed application form and pay the non-refundable application fee of ($32.00).
- Have a good record of Registration Payment History/No Complaints, Impounding, Infringement Notices, etc in the preceding 12 months.
- Dog Control Staff of the District Council will inspect your section for a securely fenced property. (certain criteria apply)
- Pass a simple written examination on dog care and owner legal obligations.
The information pack and application form are available to download from our website under Dog Registration. Copies can be collected from one of our service centres at William Street, Paeroa; Rosemont Road, Waihi or Orchard West Road,
Ngatea or telephone 0800 734 834 (free call within the District) or 07 862 8609.
* Responsible Owner Licences (ROL) applications are accepted from 1 June to 15 July 2018. Failure to re-register your ROL by 31 July annually will mean a loss of licence.