Proposed Change 1 to the Hauraki District Plan
Proposed Plan Change 1: Rule Plan Change (the Plan Change) was publicly notified on 1 November 2018 with submissions closing on 30 November.
The purpose of the Plan Change is to remove impediments to affordable residential development and to provide for affordable housing options in a sustainable manner.
To achieve this, the Plan Change proposes fewer restrictions on development within some areas of the District through: amendments to the current subdivision and development standards for the residential zones, provision for minor dwelling units in the residential and rural zones, and less restrictive earthworks standards for the urban zones.
Proposed Plan Change 1 Documents
The actual proposed rule changes can be found in each of the plan sections in Appendix A. The proposed changes are shown in red in the documents.
What Happens Next?
The proposed rules (as set out in the Plan Change) do not have legal effect until the Plan Change has been through the submissions process and decisions on those submissions are made, and notified.
Staff are currently summarising the submissions received and will be calling for further submissions in the New Year. Once further submissions are received there will be a hearing (in March 2019) and decisions will be notified and issued shortly after.
Following the release of decisions the new rules will begin to have ‘legal effect’ and if there are no appeals to the Environment Court, Plan Change 1 will be declared ‘operative’ and will replace the current rules in the District Plan.
- Plan Change 1: Rule Plan Change Hauraki District Plan – Section 32 RMA Evaluation Report [PDF, 787 KB]
- Appendix A: Proposed Rule Changes (“tracked change” version of District Plan Sections)
- Section 4 - Definitions [PDF, 452 KB]
- Section 5.1 - Rural Zone [PDF, 247 KB]
- Section 5.7 - Residential Zone [PDF, 216 KB]
- Section 5.8 - Low Density Residential Zone [PDF, 177 KB]
- Section 7.8 - Earthworks [PDF, 187 KB]
- Section 8.4 - Vehicle Parking, Loading & Access [PDF, 310 KB]
- Section 9 - Subdivision [PDF, 318 KB]
- Appendix B: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (February 2017) [PDF, 228 KB]
- Appendix C: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (October 2017) [PDF, 186 KB]
- Appendix D: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (March 2018) [PDF, 359 KB]
- Appendix E: Areas to which the Proposed Rule Changes Apply [PDF, 8.3 MB]
- Appendix F: Draft Hauraki District Growth Strategy [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Appendix G: Assessment of Proposed Rule Changes [PDF, 270 KB]
- Appendix H: Ngati Whanaunga Consultation Response [PDF, 220 KB]
Or you can call into one of our offices or libraries to view the information.
Thanks for telling us what you think
We wanted your feedback on these proposed changes and invited submissions from 1 to 30 November 2018.
The submission period has now closed.
A newsletter about Plan Change 1 is being sent out to every ratepayer with the next instalment of their rates notice. A copy of that newsletter is available online.