Proposed Change 1 to the Hauraki District Plan
Proposed Plan Change 1: Rule Plan Change (the Plan Change) is to be publicly notified on 1 November 2018 and is now open for submissions from the public.
The purpose of the Plan Change is to remove impediments to affordable residential development and to provide for affordable housing options in a sustainable manner.
To achieve this, the Plan Change proposes fewer restrictions on development within some areas of the District through: amendments to the current subdivision and development standards for the residential zones, provision for minor dwelling units in the residential and rural zones, and less restrictive earthworks standards for the urban zones.
Proposed Plan Change 1 Documents
The actual proposed rule changes can be found in each of the plan sections in Appendix A. The proposed changes are shown in red in the documents.
Please note that the proposed rules (as set out in the Plan Change) do not have legal effect until the Plan Change has been through the submissions process and decisions on those submissions made, and notified. However, from the time submissions close, those rules on which no submissions have been received in opposition are to be treated as operative.
- Plan Change 1: Rule Plan Change Hauraki District Plan – Section 32 RMA Evaluation Report [PDF, 787 KB]
- Appendix A: Proposed Rule Changes (“tracked change” version of District Plan Sections)
- Section 4 - Definitions [PDF, 452 KB]
- Section 5.1 - Rural Zone [PDF, 247 KB]
- Section 5.7 - Residential Zone [PDF, 216 KB]
- Section 5.8 - Low Density Residential Zone [PDF, 177 KB]
- Section 7.8 - Earthworks [PDF, 187 KB]
- Section 8.4 - Vehicle Parking, Loading & Access [PDF, 310 KB]
- Section 9 - Subdivision [PDF, 318 KB]
- Appendix B: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (February 2017) [PDF, 228 KB]
- Appendix C: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (October 2017) [PDF, 186 KB]
- Appendix D: District Plan Committee Discussion Paper (March 2018) [PDF, 359 KB]
- Appendix E: Areas to which the Proposed Rule Changes Apply [PDF, 8.3 MB]
- Appendix F: Draft Hauraki District Growth Strategy [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Appendix G: Assessment of Proposed Rule Changes [PDF, 270 KB]
- Appendix H: Ngati Whanaunga Consultation Response [PDF, 220 KB]
Or you can call into one of our offices or libraries to view the information.
Tell us what you think
We want your feedback on these proposed changes from 1 to 30 November 2018.
Any person may make a submission on the Plan Change.
You can share your thoughts with us by making a submission online:
Alternatively you may wish to download the Proposed Plan Change 1 Submission Form [PDF, 117 KB]
or collect one from one of our Hauraki District Council offices or libraries.
Written submissions should be:
- Posted to: The Chief Executive, Hauraki District Council, PO Box 17, Paeroa 3640; or
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Delivered to one of the Council offices.
If you would like a submission form posted to you, please phone us on 07 862 8609 or freephone 0800 734 834 (within the District).
A newsletter about Plan Change 1 is being sent out to every ratepayer with the next instalment of their rates notice. A copy of that newsletter is available online.