OhinemuriRiver2 bg

Hot Topics

Service Request Online

Do you have a Council related problem that requires attention?


View our latest job vacancy: Design Engineer

Kerbside Collections

Week 2 begins Monday 13 November 2017

Even fund raising food stalls need to complete the form Application for Registration of Premises(28 KB)Adobe PDF document  as a Temporary Food Premises. 

There is no charge for this licence when operating as a non-profit organisation. 

Do Fund Raisers need a Hawkers Licence? 

Not if you are a charitable organisation, but you will require a Street Appeal Permit to operate. 

Please apply by writing to:

The Community Liaison Office,
Hauraki District Council
P O Box 17

You will need to explain what your Charitable Organisation does, how it will benefit the community, where you wish to be located and the proposed date/s of the fundraising activity. 

Council will also require the name, address and phone number of your contact person residing in the local community. 

If we have an arrangement with the local supermarket to have a sausage sizzle - do we need to do anything else? 

Yes, you require a Food Licence Application for Registration of Premises(28 KB)Adobe PDF document.

For Charitable organisations there is no fee for this. All profit organisations need to apply for a Food Licence and pay the applicable fees for the period of operation. 

Read the Guidelines for the Sale of Barbequed Sausages

Regular Street Stalls 

Both Paeroa and Waihi have regular street stalls to enable community groups and individuals to sell goods and raise funds. All that is required is a phone call to Council's Customer Services Team to book a site. There is no charge for this. You will need to provide all equipment to set up your stall. Council supplies the site only.