Proposed Kaimai Wind Farm Resource Consent Applications
Kaimai Wind Farm Ltd has lodged resource consent applications with Hauraki District Council and Waikato Regional Council for consent to establish and operate a 24 turbine wind farm on the north western area of the Kaimai Ranges, south of Paeroa.
The resource consent application to the Hauraki District Council seeks consent to all landuse activities associated with the construction and operation of the proposed wind farm.
The application site covers 771 and 604 Rotokohu Road and 6356 SH26 ( 1304 hectares).
Twenty four large scale wind turbines are proposed, 7 of them 180 metres high (to blade tip standing upright), and 17 of them 207 metres high.
Proposed associated structures include a substation, 2 lattice transmission towers, 2 overhead lines, and 18.9km of roading – all within the application site.
Earthworks will include 900,000m3 of cut material and 113,500m3 of engineered fill.
It is estimated that 53,000m3 of finishing aggregate will be needed for the on-site roads. Some will be obtained from off site, however 2 on site quarries are also proposed.
The main site access is proposed to be from the south- from Wright Road, which comes off Rawhiti Road – the turbine parts are proposed to be transported from Tauranga, through Matamata-Piako District to the site.
Rotokohu Road may also be used – for taking in other materials.
The resource consent application to the Waikato Regional Council seeks consent to specific aspects of land use – removal of vegetation, earthworks, to permit the discharge of surplus soil and surface water associated with the construction phase of the project and culvert upgrades.
The resource consent applications will be publicly notified - at the request of the applicant, which means there will be an opportunity for community feedback via written submissions. Notification will occur once all further information requested from the applicant has been received.
Once notified, hard copies will be available for inspection - in the Hauraki District Council offices and libraries in Ngatea, Paeroa and Waihi. Those considered directly affected by the proposal will be notified of the applications by post.
The documents below are available for viewing in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader , please visit www.adobe.com to download a free copy of the reader.
Resource Consent Applications
Covering letter to Hauraki District Council (HDC) [PDF, 130 KB]
Covering letter to Waikato Regional Council (WRC) [PDF, 130 KB]
Resource Consent Application - HDC Form 9 [PDF, 1.7 MB]
Resource Consent Application - WRC Forms A,B,C [PDF, 709 KB]
Requests for Further information
HDC - Further Information Requested [PDF, 181 KB]
WRC - Further Information Requested [PDF, 1.2 MB]
Assessment of Affects (AEE)
Kaimai Wind Farm Assessment of Environmental Effects [PDF, 8.6 MB]
Attachment A - Miscellaneous and Legal Documents
- Certificates of Title [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Written Approvals (still to come)
- Consultation Record [PDF, 265 KB]
- Consultation Information [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Proposed Conditions of Consent (to be completed)
- Table of RMA Fourth Schedule compliance [PDF, 104 KB]
- Transpower High Level Review Report [PDF, 383 KB]
Attachment B – Technical Reports (some sections have been separated into parts due to the large file size)
- Archaeological [PDF, 1.9 MB] | Appendix A [PDF, 7.4 MB] | Appendix B - part 1 [PDF, 7.6 MB] | Appendix B - part 2 [PDF, 8.8 MB] | Appendix C - part 1 [PDF, 8.3 MB] | Appendix C - part 2 [PDF, 9.5 MB]
- Aviation [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- Civil Peer Review [PDF, 2.4 MB]
- Construction [PDF, 6.3 MB]
- Ecology - Site [PDF, 7.8 MB]
- Ecology - Environs [PDF, 5.2 MB]
- Electricity Market [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- Geotechnical [PDF, 7.6 MB] | Geotechnical Appendices 1 & 2 [PDF, 8.1 MB]
- Noise [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Turbine Transportation [PDF, 6.4 MB]
- Landscape [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Landscape Peer Review [PDF, 91 KB]
- Project Rationale [PDF, 3.8 MB]
- Radio Communications [PDF, 3.4 MB]
- Shadow Flicker [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Siltation [PDF, 1 MB]
- Stormwater - part 1 [PDF, 7.4 MB] | Stormwater - part 2 [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Tourism [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Traffic - part 1 [PDF, 6.1 MB] | Traffic - part 2 [PDF, 5.2 MB]
Attachment C – Miscellaneous Drawings
- Site Layout [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- Dwellings within 2km [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Sub-Station Drawing [PDF, 363 KB]
- Farm Management Maps [PDF, 4.9 MB]
Attachment D – Civil Drawings
- Civil Drawings [PDF, 122 KB]
- Drawing 200 - General arrangement plan [PDF, 6 MB]
- Drawing 200-01-02 - General arrangement plan detail plan sheet [PDF, 7.5 MB]
- Drawing 200-03-04 - General arrangement plan detail plan sheet [PDF, 7.3 MB]
- Drawing 200-05 - General arrangement plan detail plan sheet [PDF, 4.5 MB]
- Drawing 200-06-07 - General arrangement plan detail plan sheet [PDF, 7.5 MB]
- Drawing 210-01-06 - Proposed turbine platforms [PDF, 7.1 MB]
- Drawing 210-07-12 - Proposed turbine platforms [PDF, 7.7 MB]
- Drawing 210-13-16 - Proposed turbine platforms [PDF, 6.7 MB]
- Drawing 210-17-20 - Proposed turbine platforms [PDF, 6.6 MB]
- Drawing 210-21-24 - Proposed turbine platforms [PDF, 5.4 MB]
- Drawing 211-1-3 - Proposed assembly areas [PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Drawing 212 - Proposed substation platform [PDF, 1.9 MB]
Attachment E – Photomontages
- Photomontages Index [PDF, 3.4 MB]
- Viewpoint Maps
- Viewpoint B1 - Rotokohu Rd, Paeroa [PDF, 8.4 MB]
- Viewpoint B2 - Primrose Hill, Paeroa [PDF, 9.1 MB]
- Viewpoint B3 - Thames Rd (SH 26), Paeroa [PDF, 8.2 MB]
- Viewpoint B4 - Edwin Rd, Mackaytown [PDF, 6.8 MB]
- Viewpoint B5 - SH26, north of Te Aroha [PDF, 7.8 MB]
- Viewpoint B6 - SH2 near intersection with Pukahu Rd [PDF, 9.1 MB]
- Viewpoint B7 - SH2 near intersection with Hauraki Rd [PDF, 6.7 MB]
- Viewpoint B8 - SH26 north of Quarry Rd, Tirohia [PDF, 9 MB]
- Viewpoint B9 - Paeroa Tahuna Rd, south of Endowment Rd [PDF, 8.5 MB]
- Viewpoint B10 - Rawhiti Rd (north end) [PDF, 8.9 MB]
- Viewpoint B11 - Rawhiti Rd (south end) [PDF, 8.1 MB]
- Viewpoint B12 - No 1 Rd (north end) [PDF, 7.2 MB]
- Viewpoint B13 - Rotokohu Rd south of Thorpe Rd [PDF, 9.3 MB]
- Viewpoint B14 - Thorpe Rd [PDF, 9.4 MB]
- Viewpoint B15 - Hazard St, Waihi [PDF, 9 MB]
- Viewpoint B16 - Princes St near Abbott Rd, Waikino [PDF, 9.3 MB]
- Viewpoint B17 - SH2 near intersection with Campbell Rd [PDF, 9.2 MB]
- Viewpoint B18 - SH2 near intersection with Trig Rd [PDF, 7.3 MB]
- Viewpoint B19 - Kennedy Rd [PDF, 8.5 MB]
- Viewpoint B20 - Mt Karangahake Trig station [PDF, 5.8 MB]
- Viewpoint B21 - Dickey Flat Campsite [PDF, 3.1 MB]
- Overview Map [PDF, 7.6 MB]
- Closeup Map [PDF, 7.8 MB]
- Zone of Theoretical Visibility (ZTV) [PDF, 8.3 MB]
- Turbine Orthographic [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Photomontage Methodology [PDF, 609 KB]
- Landscape & Visual Effects