Public notice - Proposed Plan Change 1
(Clause 5 of Schedule 1, Resource Management Act 1991)
Hauraki District Council has prepared Proposed Plan Change 1 to the Operative Hauraki District Plan (the Plan Change).
The Plan Change proposes changes to the Operative Hauraki District Plan. The changes are rule changes and predominantly relate to the subdivision and development standards for the urban areas of the District. [Note, the proposed changes do not relate to the Kaiaua Coast area, that is currently still covered by the Franklin District Plan]. The main elements of the proposal are:
- a reduction in the minimum lot area for “infill” subdivision in Waihi, Paeroa, and Whiritoa;
- changes to the subdivision and development standards for the Residential Zones;
- provision for additional dwellings and minor dwelling units (i.e. “granny flats”) in some areas;
- changes to the earthworks rules for the urban zones; and:
- provision for temporary residential storage buildings in the Residential Zone.
The Plan Change consists of the following document (with attachments):
Plan Change 1: Rule Plan Change Hauraki District Plan. Section 32 RMA Evaluation Report.
Please note that Appendix A contains the actual proposed text changes (additions and deletions) to the District Plan sections.
The Plan Change may be inspected at the Hauraki District Council offices at 1 William Street, Paeroa; 84 Orchard West Road, Ngatea; 40 Rosemont Road, Waihi or any of the District’s libraries in Paeroa, Waihi, Ngatea, Turua, Whiritoa, or Kaiaua, or online at www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/proposed-plan-change-1.
Any person may make a submission on the Plan Change. You may do so by sending a written submission addressed to:
The Chief Executive, Hauraki District Council, PO Box 17, Paeroa 3640
Or Email: email@example.com
Or Online: www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/proposed-plan-change-1
Or Deliver: to one of the Council offices.
The submission must be in accordance with form 5 (as prescribed by clause 6 of Schedule 1 of the Resource Management Act 1991) and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of this form are available from the Hauraki District Council offices, libraries and website.
Submissions close at 4pm on 30 November 2018.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the Plan Change under the Act is as follows:
- after the closing date for submissions, Hauraki District Council must prepare a summary of the submissions and decisions requested by submitters. This summary must be publicly notified;
- there must be an opportunity to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made. The following persons may make a further submission:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest;
- any person who has an interest in the Plan Change greater than the general public has; and
- Hauraki District Council.
- if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held;
- Hauraki District Council must give its decision on the Plan Change (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions); and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision on the Plan Change to the Environment Court.
L D Cavers
on behalf of Hauraki District Council
1 November 2018