Proposed Temporary Road Closure
Pursuant to the Section 11(e) of the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that for the purpose of Beach Hop 2024 Waihi Annual Classic Car Parade and Show event organised by Go Waihi it is intended to close the following roads to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period indicated hereunder. During the proposed period of closure provision will be made for ordinary vehicular traffic, which would otherwise use the road, to use alternative routes.
Period of closure: Wednesday 20 March 2024, 6:00am to 3:00pm.
Roads to be closed:
- SH2 (From Seddon St/SH2 intersection to Kenny St intersection)
- Seddon St (From School Ln/SH2 intersection to entire Seddon St)
- Gilmour St (From Kenny St/SH25 intersection to Seddon St)
- Muller St (From property no. 3 Muller St to Seddon St roundabout)
- Haszard St (From property no. 24 to Martha St)
- Moresby Ave (From property no. 80 to SH2 roundabout)
Alternative provision for ordinary vehicular traffic will be made with signs, cones and barriers to redirect traffic on detour.
It will be an offence under the above regulations for any person otherwise than under authority of an authorised permit to use the road for ordinary vehicular traffic during the proposed period of closure.
Any objections should be directed to Transport Manager on 07 862 8609 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 February 2024
L D Cavers
Hauraki District Council