The next local government elections are on Saturday 12 October 2019. Local elections are held every three years.
Everyone’s voting in the Hauraki District Council elections! Are you?
...will now be winging their way to you in the post.
Your vote must be received by noon Saturday 12 October, so don’t delay, pop it in the post straight away!
The voting period is three weeks (Friday 20 September 2019 to noon Saturday 12 October 2019). Electors may post their completed voting documents back to the electoral officer using the orange pre-paid envelope sent with their voting document.
Polling places for the issuing of special voting documents and for the receiving of completed voting documents will be available from Friday 20 September 2019 to noon Saturday 12 October 2019 at all Council offices.
To be counted, all completed voting documents must be in the hands of the electoral officer or an electoral official by noon Saturday 12 October 2019.
Progress results will be known early afternoon, and preliminary results will be known early on Sunday morning, 13 October 2019. These will be accessible here on Council’s website.
Meet your candidates
View the profiles of all candidates standing for election in the Hauraki District.
To be elected
- A Mayor elected at large across the District
- Councillors (13)
- 4 councillors elected by the electors of the Plains Ward
- 4 councillors elected by the electors of the Paeroa Ward
- 5 councillors elected by the electors of the Waihi Ward
- Waikato Regional Council Members (either 2 members from the Waihou General Constituency or 1 member from the Thames-Coromandel General Constituency or 1 member from the Nga Tai Ki Uta Maori Constituency)
- District Health Board Members (7 members from the Counties Manukau District Health Board; no 2019 election to be held for Waikato District Health Board due to commissioner being appointed).
|20 - 25 Sep 2019||Voting papers mailed out to registered voters|
|12 Oct 2019 until noon||Voting day|
Are you enrolled to vote?
You should have received your enrolment papers in the post by now. If you are not enrolled to vote before 16 August there is still time. Check your enrolment details or get enrolled:
- visit Elections
- call 0800 36 76 56
- visit any Post Shop for an enrolment form.
For further information regarding this election, please contact the electoral office:
Dale Ofsoske, Electoral Officer
Hauraki District Council
C/o PO Box 5135,
Phone: 0800 922 822
If you would like more information on how the First Past the Post (FPP) voting system works, please check the Department of Internal Affairs' website at www.dia.govt.nz.
For information on councils in general go to www.localcouncils.govt.nz.
For more information on the pōtitanga ā-rohe (local elections) go to www.vote2019.co.nz.