Hauraki District Council
Paeroa Ward Committee
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE PAEROA WARD COMMITTEE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS, WILLIAM STREET, PAEROA ON TUESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2014 COMMENCING AT 12.30PM
Crs J M Bubb (Chairperson), D A Adams, P A Milner, J Thorp and His Worship the Mayor J P Tregidga
Messrs S Clark (Parks Reserves Manager) and Ms C Black (Council Secretary)
There were no apologies.
Rose Rakich – Senior Constable/Youth Aid Officer, NZ Police (Paeroa Area) was in attendance.
Constable Rakich advised that Blue Light is a national incorporated society. The Blue Light Committee in Paeroa is responsible for sourcing its own funding and activities. They organise events and trips which are overseen by police officers over and above their core duties along with volunteers. Jointly they provide opportunities for youth to experience aspects of life that many young people take for granted. The aim of the organisation is also to form strong relationships with youth and police.
The members were supportive of the organisation and commended the work they do. They offered the opportunity for the organisation to seek financial assistance towards their youth programmes if required.
There were no late items.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
THAT the minutes of the meeting of the Paeroa Ward Committee held on Tuesday 12 August 2014 are confirmed and are a true and correct record.
PAWC14/54 Milner/Thorp CARRIED
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Paeroa Ward Proposed Capital Projects 2015-25 Long Term Plan
Pukerimu Cemetery: Ashes Walk and Cemetery Development and Planning costs
The Parks and Reserves Manager suggested that these projects be included for completion in Year 1 because of the increase in ashes burials at the cemetery.
The Community Services monthly report on activities for the month of August 2014 was presented for the Committee’s consideration.
THAT the Community Services monthly report for the month of August 2014 be received.
PAWC14/55 Adams/Thorp CARRIED
Criterion Bridge: Investigation of the Ramping of Stepped Area
It was agreed that the Parks and Reserves Manager meet with the Ward members on site on Wednesday 10 September prior to the Operations Committee meeting to review the stepped area by the bridge.
Paeroa Ward Draft Long Term Plan
Staff advised that the schedule of projects is still being compiled and will be circulated prior to the October Meeting.
Guest Speaker: October
The Care House (ex Skate & Leisure Centre) – Melanie and John Budge
Updated Status of Actions raised by Ward Committee - August
- Community Services Operational Manager to meet with Councillors Bubb and Milner on site to decide on the extent of the Paeroa Scouts car parking project and then to recost and bring back to the Paeroa Ward if more than the $17,000 allocated budget. To be progressed.
- Ward approval given to construct the ramping of the stepped area by the bridge at a cost of $5,100. This to be funded from the uncompleted HRT central Paeroa budget. Parks and Reserves Manager meeting with the Ward Committee onsite on 10 September.
- The Ward asked that a system be put in place where all C&M staff can report graffiti on Council property for removal to help with speedy removal reporting. Parks and Reserves Manager has commenced review using the service request system.
- Paeroa Art Society asked for a bin to be placed outside their building. Paeroa Ward asked that they be given some prepaid rubbish bags to put the picked up rubbish into. Parks and Reserves Manager has issued society with rubbish bags.
- The Ward raised that they would like to see an independent study undertaken on the sound system in the Paeroa Hall. Sound system consultant who installed the systems in the 3 District Halls is undertaking an audit and will be providing a report.
- Specimen replacement tree for the front of Hauraki House to be sourced. Parks and Reserves Manager is sourcing a larger specimen tree.
COMMUNITY SERVICES/NETWORK SERVICES/PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
As part of the development of the 2015-25 Hauraki Long Term Plan being undertaken by the Strategic Planning Department, attached was a report and table (Appendix A) updating the progress of actions to date.
Due to only minor changes of wording, the members resolved that the progress of actions update report not be received until there were more significant updates reported.
THAT the report not be received.
PAWC14/56 Bubb/Adams CARRIED
The meeting closed at 1.15pm.
J M Bubb
14 October 2014