Alert Level 2
As of 12 noon today (Wednesday 12 August 2020) we're in COVID Alert Level 2. Auckland is in Alert Level 3. The Alert Levels will be reviewed before midnight Friday, once more information is available.
What this means for our services
In Alert Level 2 our offices and libraries remain open. However, as per Ministry of Health guidelines, contact tracing and physical distancing measures will be in place, so please allow a bit more time when you visit us. Our parks and reserves, public toilets and halls are also open, and we'll continue to process building and resource consent applications as normal. Rubbish and recycling kerbside collections will also continue as normal.
Find out more about our services in Alert Level 2
What this means for you
New Zealand's 4-level Alert System lists the measures to be taken against Covid-19 at each level. Learn about all the levels and restrictions
Other government advice for all New Zealanders
- Keep a 2 metre physical distance and wear a mask when in public when you can’t distance, for example on public transport
- Stay home if you’re sick, wash your hands, cough or sneeze into your elbow, clean surfaces
- Food, medicine, healthcare and essential services will always be available.
- If you have cold or flu like symptoms call your doctor or the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS.
- Testing is free. If you are offered a test take it.
- Work will be carried out over the next few days to test all people that are working at our borders and everyone that works at a managed isolation facility.
- Some of the country’s most vulnerable residents live in our rest homes, help keep them safe and do not visit them at this time.
- Contact tracing is an essential to stopping the spread. Everyone needs to keep a record of where they've been to allow faster contact tracing. Use the Covid tracer app if you can, or make a note of where you’ve been.
- Businesses should have a QR code displayed so customers can be traced quickly if required. Get it here