Statutory Clock shutdown period
By law, the period from Tuesday 20 December 2022 to Tuesday 10 January 2023 is excluded from the 20 working day processing period (statutory processing clock) for building or resource consents applications.
This means applications received after the ‘clock has stopped’ at the close of business on Monday19 December 2022, may not be processed until Wednesday 11 January 2023.
Current applications that are not signed off by Council before Monday 19 December 2022 may also be paused until Wednesday 11 January 2023.
There are a few things you can do to plan for delays:
- When submitting new applications make sure you’ve included everything as we can’t accept incomplete applications.
- Book a free appointment with our Duty Planner and Building Officer as soon as possible.
- If your application is affected by the statutory shutdown period, let your agent or builders know to expect a delay.
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) applications
If you want a LIM report before Christmas, we’ll need your application by:
- 9am Tuesday 6 December 2022 for a Standard LIM (10 working days)
- 9am Wednesday 14 December 2022 for an Urgent LIM (2-3 working days).
We will still accept LIM applications after these dates but there is no guarantee that a LIM report will be issued before Christmas.
Building inspections calendar
There will be no building inspections from 12pm, Friday 23 December 2022 until 8am Monday 9 January 2023.