Did you know...
From 1 October 2022 it will be illegal to provide, sell or manufacture certain hard-to-recycle and single use plastic products in Aotearoa New Zealand. These are:
- Single use plastic drink stirrers
- Single use plastic cotton buds
- Plastics with pro-degradant additives (eg. some bin liners, dry cleaning bags and pet waste products)
- PVC food trays and containers used for products including meat, fresh produce or baked goods
- Polystyrene takeaway food and beverage packaging (eg. takeaway containers and cups)
- Expanded polystyrene food and beverage packaging including food serviceware and grocery products (eg. instant noodle containers).
More information can be found on the Ministry for the Environment website: