An Annual Plan details the Council's activities, work programmes and services, and financial and funding statements, for the period 1 July to 30 June.
An Annual Plan is closely linked to the Long Term Plan (LTP) and essentially updates what was detailed in that Plan for the relevant financial year. The LTP should be referred to for more detailed information than is presented in the Annual Plan.
2020/21 Annual Plan
The Council adopted the 2020/21 Annual Plan at its meeting of 29 April 2020. The Annual Plan contains the work programme, forecast financial costs and income for the year 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.
Unless major changes are warranted, the annual plan in essence provides for a refinement and update of what was already planned for year three of the 2018-2028 Long Term Plan (LTP). We’ve reviewed our work programme and we don’t consider that the plans for 2020/21 are significantly different to what we originally planned for in our LTP.
We have however made a few changes as a result of Covid-19 to assist our communities, including reducing the average rates increase per property from 5.4% to 3.9%. We will be keeping our capital works programme as it was proposed in the long term plan, and bring forward any other projects if we can, to help support our economy’s recovery. We are also offering a range of options to assist ratepayers who have had their income reduced as a result of the pandemic. If you need help with your rates, please call our Rates Team to discuss your options.
What you’ll find in the annual plan:
- our progress against our financial strategy – how the plan stacks up
- how much it costs us to provide each service group
- specific changes to each activity including expenditure, income and service performance
- the full list of projects planned for the year
- our forecast financial statements including sample rates properties.
View the sample rates properties [PDF, 108 KB]
The key changes in our annual plan from what we said we would do in the long term plan for the 2020/21 year are:
- continuing to look for efficiencies and making savings to operating costs where possible
- unforeseen increases and decreases to operating costs
- projects that need to be carried over to 2020/21 as they were not started or not finished within the 2019/20 financial year
- projects that need to be brought forward and completed in 2020/21, earlier than originally planned.
View the 2020/21 Annual Plan [PDF, 1.6 MB]
If you would like a hard copy of the annual plan please call us on 07 862 8609 or 0800 734 834 (from within the District) and we will arrange for a copy to be sent to you
Rating Area Maps
We've developed some maps so it's easy to see whether certain rates are applicable to your property.
- View the rating area maps