Local Government Elections are held every three years, giving Residents and Ratepayers the opportunity to vote for whoever they think will best represent their community as the Hauraki District Mayor and Councillors in their Ward.
The next election will take place, by postal vote, on Saturday 12 October 2019.
To be elected
- A Mayor elected at large across the District
- Councillors (12)
- 4 councillors elected by the electors of the Plains Ward
- 4 councillors elected by the electors of the Paeroa Ward
- 4 councillors elected by the electors of the Waihi Ward
- Waikato Regional Council Members (either 2 members from the Waihou General Constituency or 1 member from the Thames-Coromandel General Constituency or 1 member from the Nga Tai Ki Uta Maori Constituency)
- District Health Board Members (7 members from the Waikato District Health Board or 7 members from the Counties Manukau District Health Board).
Every six years we have to look at how many councillors we have in each of our three wards (Paeroa, Waihi and Hauraki Plains), and across the district overall. This is to make sure we have the right amount of people around the Council table to fairly represent the number of people that live in each of our communities. This review is currently in progress.
Nominations of candidates open on Friday 19 July 2019 and close at noon on Friday 16 August. Candidate information will be available from Wednesday 21 August.
Everyone enrolled to vote by Friday 16 August 2019 will get their voting papers sent to them in the mail from Friday 20 September 2019.
Electors may post their completed voting documents back to the electoral officer using the orange pre-paid envelope sent with their voting document.
Are you enrolled to vote?
If you are not enrolled to vote before 16 August there is still time. Check your enrolment details or get enrolled:
- visit Elections
- call 0800 36 76 56
- visit any Post Shop for an enrolment form.
|19 July 2019||Nominations open|
|16 August 2019||Nominations close|
|21 August 2019||Candidate details published|
|20 - 25 September 2019||Voting papers mailed out to registered voters|
|12 October 2019 until noon||Voting day|