This Engineering Manual has been prepared to set out the required standards for any engineering work undertaken within the Hauraki District Council area.
This manual is to be read in conjunction with the Hamilton City Development Manual Volumes 1, 2, 3 & 4 (August 2010).
As part of the District Plan review the Council has moved a lot of the engineering standards from the District Plan to the HDC Engineering Manual.
Franklin (Kaiaua) area
For engineering work to be carried out in the area within Hauraki that was previously known as the Franklin District, please refer to the Franklin District Code of Practice for Subdivision and Development which clarifies the engineering requirements of Franklin District Council District Plan (February 2000).
- Franklin Code of Practice for Subdivision and Development [PDF, 830 KB]
- Appendix A - Statement of Professional Opinion as to Suitability of Land for Building Development [PDF, 370 KB]
- Appendix B - Design Certificate - Land Development/Subdivision Work [PDF, 267 KB]
- Appendix C - Certified Development Check Lists [PDF, 3.6 MB]
- Appendix D - Assets to Vest Sheets (PDF) [PDF, 2 MB] | Appendix D - Assets to Vest Sheets (MS Word) [DOC, 164 KB]
- Appendix E - Electronic As-Built Requirements [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Appendix F - Road Asset Data Standard Specification [PDF, 3.3 MB]
- Appendix G - Standard Detail Drawings
- Index [PDF, 823 KB]
- General [PDF, 556 KB]
- Roading [PDF, 7.9 MB]
- Water [PDF, 3.8 MB]
- Storm Water [PDF, 6 MB]
- Sanitary Sewer [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Parks and Reserves [PDF, 2 MB]
- Appendix H - Standards and Guidelines relevant to the Road Network [PDF, 1.4 MB]