Local Governance Statement 2018
The Local Governance Statement provides readers with a one stop shop of information relating to Council.
It is a great place to start if you have any questions regarding: how Council works; what function the elected members have, or how you can expect to be consulted with for example.
Naturally if this document does not answer all of your questions you can call Council for more information and be directed to an appropriate person.
The statement includes information such as:
- the functions, responsibilities, and activities of the local authority
- a list of any local legislation, bylaws and key policy documents
- the electoral system and representation arrangements, including the opportunity to change it
- Council members’ roles and governance structures and Council management structures
- meeting processes
- processes for requests for official information.
View the Local Governance Statement 2018 [PDF, 1 MB]