Land Information Memorandum
Need a LIM report before Christmas?
To get a LIM by 22 December, we need your applications by:
- Standard LIM - 6 December
- Urgent LIM - 13 December
If you are considering purchasing a property in the Hauraki District it is recommended that you obtain a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) before finalising the purchase.
You will find a LIM very useful in helping to identify any issues with the site and/or any potential development restrictions.
What is a LIM?
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a report prepared at your request by the Hauraki District Council.
It provides historical and current information held by the Council on properties, based on a search of Council records only, and there may be other information relating to the land which is unknown to Council.
- Applicant, Location of Property and Council Charges
- Information identifying Special Features or Characteristics of the Land
- Drainage: Private and Public. Stormwater and Sewerage Drains
- Information relating to any Rates owing in relation to the Land
- Consents, Certificates, Notices, Orders or Requisitions affecting the Land
- Information relating to Building Certifiers Certificates held by Council
- Information relating to the Use to which the Land may be put and the Conditions attached to that use: Zoning
- Information from Statutory Organisations notified to Council
- Network Utilities
- Information on Public Works known to Council
- Information in respect to Swimming Pools
- Comments or Additional Information
- Certificate of Title
- District Plan
- May also include other information concerning the land which the Council considers, at its discretion, to be relevant.
Note - Council does not undertake any inspection of the land or any building on it for the purposes for preparing a Land Information Memorandum.
A LIM does not cover
- Any development works undertaken without Council knowledge or consent
- A full and comprehensive outline of development restrictions applying to a site
- A site visit to the property
Note: A LIM is not a comprehensive assessment of a property. It only serves to document the information Council has about the property at the time the LIM is prepared. It is essential that if you have any doubts about a site, you employ a relevant independent consultant.
A LIM is issued under Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 and contains all relevant information known to the Council at the time the LIM is issued, relevant to the land described.