Scenery Car House

Hot Topics

Service Request Online

Do you have a Council related problem that requires attention?

Kerbside Collections

Week 2 begins Monday 5 December 2022

We Need To Talk

See the topics we're consulting on...

Tirohia Landfill Resource Consent

View information about this application.

New mining proposals

See more about the project
From the 1 October 2020, the following building consents applications must be lodged with us online.
  • Project information memorandum (PIM)
  • Building Consent (with or without a PIM)
  • Code Compliance Certificate (for applications lodged from 1 October 2020)
  • Certificate of Acceptance
  • Exemption from the need for Building Consent under Schedule 1(2)
  • Multiproof Building

We will be using an online system called AlphaOne from a New Zealand-based company that already supplies several other councils. It means you can:

  • Apply for a building consent anywhere, anytime
  • Track your consent progress online
  • Submit further information online
  • Receive all correspondence digitally – meaning faster and simpler processes
Get started with these easy to follow video tutorials
What will happen to consents lodged before the 1 October?

They’ll continue to be processed using our previous system. This means you won’t be able to see them in the AlphaOne customer portal. It also means if you have a consent that was lodged before 1 October, you’ll need to keep sending information to us in the standard way using our email address

Will you still accept paper building consent applications?

The majority of our building consents are already received electronically by email which is fantastic. If you don’t have access to the internet, we will accept your paper application, however there are a few things we need you to consider:

  • Can an agent submit the consent for you?
  • Do you have a family member or friend that can help / submit on your behalf?

If you don’t have access to the internet nor have an email address and need to submit a paper application, please book a Building Consent Application meeting with our building consent team in our Paeroa office, who will lodge it online for you.

We’ll need to scan all your documents so this service does have a scanning fee of $20 for 1-50 pages A3 or A4, $5 per page A1 or A2. All documentation will be sent out in the mail, standard printing fees will apply, A4 B&W $0.30, A3 B&W $0.50.

How do I register with your online system?

From 1 October, when you’re ready to lodge a building consent, open the Building Consent Application portal from our Building in Hauraki page, create an account for yourself using your name, email address and a secure password and you’re good to go.

What if I am already registered with AlphaOne through a different council?

Each council has their own secure portal of AlphaOne so you will need to set up an account with us as well. The good news is that the system is the same so you’ll be familiar with all the steps.

Can I pay for my building consent through the AlphaOne portal?

No. There is no facility for accepting payments that way. When a payment is due, we’ll invoice you. Payment can then be made by internet banking or at one of our service centres in Ngatea, Paeroa or Waihi.

Who do I call if I need help with the online application?

You can save your application at any time, check out the video tutorials then return to your application. AlphaOne also has a helpdesk you can call which shows up when you are logged in to the portal.

Can I book my inspections via the Customer Portal?

You’ll still need to call our friendly customer support team to book an inspection on 0800 734 834 (in district) or 07 862 8609. Our geographic area is very spread out so to get the best availability for customers, and to minimise travel time, we co-ordinate our inspectors’ calendars.

After each inspection, you’ll receive an Inspection Report via email. They can be viewed at any time, in your customer portal too.

Remember, you can only book inspections once your Building Consent, AND any related Resource Consents have been issued. Sometimes the Consents are ready at different times, but you can only start building once both have been issued.

All your Licensed Building Practitioners (LBP’s) for restricted builds must listed on the Building Consent, before an inspection can take place. It’s easy to add their details through your customer portal at any time.

Can I see my consent if my agent has lodged it?

Yes. Your agent can invite you as a user to the consent. If you’ve requested access and haven’t received it, give our building team a call on 0800 734 834 (in district) or 078628609 and once we’ve confirmed your details, we’ll add you to the consent.

You’ll be able to see all the same information as your agent.

What if I require a Certificate of Public use?

This type of certificate is not currently available in the AlphaOne portal. If you require this type of certificate please download the form, complete it and send it to us using your AlphaOne online portal.