COVID-19 - what we're doing
We're back to alert level 2.
Changes to our services include physical distancing and hygiene measures, washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
Find out what's happening with our facilities, services and venues
Find information about coronavirus
What is an Independent Qualified Person (IQP)?
An Independent Qualified Person is a person (or firm) approved by a Territorial Authority as qualified to inspect, maintain and report on certain specified systems. ‘Independent’ means that the person has no financial interest in the building. Refer to the MBIE website (building warrant of fitness guide) for the BWOF process including:
- The inspections and maintenance of specified systems
- Amendments to a compliance schedule
The IQP is responsible for carrying out the specified system procedures for:
- Inspections and tests
- Preventative maintenance and repair work
- Reporting inspection, maintenance, and repair work were undertaken to ensure the systems remain in working order. This includes the date, and the work carried out, the names of the persons who did the work.
- Providing the owner with a completed Form 12A (before the BWOF due date) as evidence that the relevant requirements of the compliance schedule have been met.
For more information regarding builder and designer rights and obligations see the MBIE website.
View or join the IQP register
All Independent Qualified Persons are required to be registered with the Hamilton City Council on behalf of the Councils in the Waikato Building Consent Group including the Hauraki District Council.
To view the Waikato and Bay of Plenty IQP register or to apply to be registered as a new IQP please go to the Hamilton City Council website.
Also available is the HDC IQP register - this list is current but closed to new applications. View the HDC IQP register [PDF, 80 KB]