Comprising of 5.32 hectares, Waihi Cemetery is situated in the rural area 5kms east of Waihi township, amongst farmland and orchards.
Within the cemetery are sections for Lawn Burials, Ashes Burials and Returned Services Association (RSA) Burials.
Established prior to 1898 as the public cemetery for Waihi and the surrounding rural area, and the small coastal township of Waihi Beach. The Waihi Cemetery administration was vested in the Waihi Borough Council in 1902. Between 1902 and 1913 the records for the cemetery were destroyed by fire. Following local government amalgamation in 1989, ownership changed to Hauraki District Council who delegated administration to the Waihi Ward Committee.
There are approximately 35 interments and 30 ashes burials each year.
The cemetery is open to the public every day during the hours of daylight.
There are currently plots available.