For all information and updates on COVID-19 in New Zealand, please go to covid19.govt.nz
What our services look like in Level 2 (A-Z)
These licences and certificates will continue to be processed remotely with all correspondence by email to email@example.com. Please use internet banking for payment and advise us of that at the time of submitting your application.
- The timeframes have been extended due to Covid-19, so be prepared to wait for up to 15 extra days for processing.
Applications will be received by email, post or in person at our Council offices.
- Building inspection site visits will continue with health and safety measures in place.
Face to face meetings with our Building Control Officers are available with Covid-19 safety measures in place including physical distancing, contact tracing and hygiene.
- Please phone our office first to make an appointment. Call 07 862 8609 or 0800 734 834 (from within our district).
Building Warrant of Fitness (BWoF)
Building Warrant of Fitness applications will be processed in Level 2.
Can I book a building inspection?
Yes, building inspections will continue in Level 2 but with health and safety measures in place.
Can I view a property file?
Our preference is that you request property information online or apply for a LIM (Land Information Memorandum) report. This is because the viewing of physical files will delay their availability for the next customer due to Covid 19 requirements.
Cemetery services are still available.
- Food and drink is now permitted.
- To arrange a burial please contact us on 0800 734 834.
A new form has been created for use during Covid-19 Alert Level 2:
- Application for Burial during COVID-19 Level 2 [PDF, 44 KB]
Further information on deaths, funerals and tangihanga can be found on the Ministry of Health’s website.
Monthly Council meetings are continuing on their usual meeting schedule.
- Council meetings will be held in the Council Chambers at Hauraki House.
- The meetings will also be held remotely via Zoom for attendees at higher risk of severe illness should they contract Covid-19.
- Covid-19 safety measures are in place including physical distancing and hygiene.
- Perspex screens have been installed at counters to reduce airborne risk.
- We will be taking extra precautions around cash handling.
- If your enquiry doesn’t need a face to face visit, please call, email or send us a message on Facebook instead.
Animal control services return to normal.
- To report excessive barking, wandering dogs or a dog displaying dangerous behaviour, please phone us or lodge a service request online. It helps us to identify a dog if you can safely take a photo of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about dog registration.
We will continue to undertake administration services, provide general advice, and process all registrations.
During Alert Level 2, we will be undertaking remote verification where these are due, except for new businesses which we are required to undertake an on-site verification.
At COVID-19 Alert Level 2, food businesses will still be able to make and sell food. The Ministry for Primary Industries have provided clear information about the safe practice requirements and making changes to your business during COVID-19.
Responsible camping is welcome in the Hauraki District.
However, these are unprecedented times and it’s important we all follow the requirements of the COVID-19 Level 2, as imposed by the New Zealand Government.
Our number one priority is the well-being of our communities and this includes all visitors to our District.
Our responsible camping areas (freedom camping sites) will reopen during Level 2 with additional health and safety measures.
- Participants in any events are limited to 100.
- Event holders must ensure physical distancing, contact tracing and hygiene requirements are met.
- Community Halls are open with the same requirements as for our Council halls.
This form must be completed:
- Hall bookings during COVID-19 Level 2 [PDF, 159 KB]
What happens to my Hall booking?
If you have already paid for a booking that can no longer take place under Level 2 restrictions, please call us to arrange a credit, or a deferment to another date, once restrictions are lifted.
For more information, go to the Hauraki Rail Trail website
Any changes due to Level 2 are yet to be confirmed.
Standard and Urgent LIMS can be processed during Level 2
For LIM application information go to our LIM page.
Email links to the report will be provided only. No hard copies.
At Alert Level 2 our libraries will remain open. As per Ministry of Health guidelines, contact tracing and physical distancing measures will be in place, so please allow a bit more time when you visit us.
If you have library items that are due back and would prefer not to come in to the library you are welcome to renew them using our Hauraki District Libraries app, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Visit our library website for services that can be accessed remotely.
- Mowing of berms will continue, where we can do so safely.
Noise control services will continue as normal.
- Playgrounds and park furniture (like picnic tables and benches) are open.
- Parks and reserves are open for use to get fresh air and exercise during Alert Level 2,
- People should be vigilant about the Ministry of Health guidelines such as physical distancing of 2 metres from other members of the public; avoid touching your face, cough into your elbow and wash hands thoroughly when you return home.
Can I take my kids to the park?
Yes, our playgrounds are open, but please observe Ministry Health guidelines – keep a 2 metre distance from other members of the public, avoid touching your face, cough into your elbow and wash your hands thoroughly on your return home. If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
Our toilets are open as normal.
View more information on toilet locations in our district.
We’re accepting payments at our Council offices.
- Eftpos or cheque payment is encouraged but we will accept cash payments. Extra cash handling precautions will be in place.
- There are also four online ways you can pay your rates:
- Automatic Payments (you set those up with your bank),
- EasyPay Direct Debit – (we set that up for you),
- Credit Card Payments through our website or
- Internet Banking.
For more details see rates payments, or give us a call.
Applications for 2020/21 rates rebates close on 30 June 2021. See more about the rates rebate scheme or contact us to discuss appointment options.
Resource consent applications will continue to be processed as usual.
Resource consent site visits will continue in Level 2, with health and safety measures in place.
Services are continuing as normal.
Rubbish bins (town and parks) continue with normal maintenance schedules.
Kerbside collections will continue as normal.
View further information about collection and disposal:
Council managed sports fields are open.
Community swimming pools are closed for the season.
Waihi Ward drop in sessions are held on the first Wednesday of every month from 11.30am - 1.30pm, at our Waihi Service Centre. We’ll let you know if there are any changes to these sessions closer to the time.
You are encouraged to contact your Councillors directly if you have an issue to discuss. Councillor contact details are available on our website. View councillor details.