How much does it cost?
The costs of subdividing can vary. The types of costs outlined below are meant only as a guideline. Council may charge additional fees where the costs to Council exceed the fee paid.
- Minimum fee payable for lodging of application
- $1,500.00 (non notified)
- $2,000.00 (limited notified)
- $5,000.00 (publicly notified)
- 221 Certificate (A Consent Notice) $200.00
- 223 Certificate (Approval of Survey Plan) $200.00
- 224 Certificate (Full Compliance with Council’s Consent)
- Not requiring engineering consideration $400.00
- Requiring engineering consideration $650.00
+ Inspection Charges (per inspection) $200.00
View the schedule of Resource Management fees.
Other Possible Costs
Any relevant reports required to support the application; Service Connections for each lot (where available) such as water connections, sewer connections; vehicle entrances; power and telephone connections for each lot; compliance with any other condition(s) imposed; surveyor charges;legal costs.
How long does it take?
Non Notified Resource Consent - 20 working days (Once Council has all necessary information)
Limited Notified Resource Consents take a maximum of 100 working days (if no suspensions are made by Council or the applicant).
Notified Resource Consents take a maximum of 130 working days (if no suspensions are made by Council or the applicant).
When the Resource Consent has been issued you have up to 5 years to gain your 223 Certificate (Approval of Survey Plan), then a further 3 years to gain a 224 Certificate (full compliance with Council consent).