SceneryCarHouse fade

Hot Topics

Service Request Online

Do you have a Council related problem that requires attention?

Enviro Matters

Waste minimisation and climate change information

Our Home. Our Future. Your Vote.

Ko te pae tawhiti whaia kia tata. Whakanuia tā mātou rohe. Pōti koa mai.

We need to talk

Check out the issues we’re currently seeking feedback on and tell us what you think.

Kerbside Collections

Week 2 begins Monday 16 September 2019

How much does it cost?

The costs of subdividing can vary. The types of costs outlined below are meant only as a guideline. Council may charge additional fees where the costs to Council exceed the fee paid.

Set Charges
  • Minimum fee payable for lodging of application
    • $1,500.00 (non notified)
    • $2,000.00 (limited notified)
    • $5,000.00 (publicly notified)
  • 221 Certificate (A Consent Notice) $200.00
  • 223 Certificate (Approval of Survey Plan) $200.00
  • 224 Certificate (Full Compliance with Council’s Consent)
    • Not requiring engineering consideration $400.00
    • Requiring engineering consideration $650.00

+ Inspection Charges (per inspection) $200.00

Council Charges

View the schedule of Resource Management fees.

Other Possible Costs

Any relevant reports required to support the application; Service Connections for each lot (where available) such as water connections, sewer connections; vehicle entrances; power and telephone connections for each lot; compliance with any other condition(s) imposed; surveyor charges;legal costs.

How long does it take?

Non Notified Resource Consent - 20 working days (Once Council has all necessary information)

Limited Notified Resource Consents take a maximum of 100 working days (if no suspensions are made by Council or the applicant).

Notified Resource Consents take a maximum of 130 working days (if no suspensions are made by Council or the applicant).

When the Resource Consent has been issued you have up to 5 years to gain your 223 Certificate (Approval of Survey Plan), then a further 3 years to gain a 224 Certificate (full compliance with Council consent).