Scenery Car House

Hot Topics

Service Request Online

Do you have a Council related problem that requires attention?

Kerbside Collections

Week 2 begins Monday 30 January 2023

We Need To Talk

See the topics we're consulting on...

Tirohia Landfill Resource Consent

View information about this application.

New mining proposals

See more about the project

Utility Connections

There are a variety of connections that homeowners may require for new or existing properties:

  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Stormwater
  • Vehicle Crossing / Driveway Entrances
Water Connections

Any connection to Council water mains must be done by our Council's Works team. There is a process involved as follows:

  • You will need to complete a quote request form.
  • The Works team will review and price the connection (10 working days). A quote will be forwarded for your review.
  • You will need to accept the quote by responding to the email or returning the signed form.
  • Once the acceptance of the quote is received, an invoice will be issued for all or part of the connection. This invoice will need to be paid before the connection will be constructed.
  • Once complete any balance owing will be invoiced. When final payment is received, the connection will be signed off and forwarded to you for your records. 
Sewer Connections and Stormwater Connections 

Unfortunately, we no longer complete sewer and stormwater connections. Please contact your local plumber/drainlayer to give you a quote and complete these works for you. Please arrange for these works to be inspected by our Council Development Engineer.

Vehicle Crossing/Driveway Entrances

If you or your contractor will be creating your vehicle crossing/driveway entrance you will need to complete a Vehicle Crossing Permit Application. All vehicle crossings must be approved by the Council and inspected by our staff throughout construction. All vehicle crossings must be approved by the Council and inspected by our staff throughout construction.  Find out more about vehicle crossings, including specifications and the permit application form.

Vehicle crossings are normally completed by the same contractor that is completing the driveway however at times you may need to employ a separate contractor. 

Quote Request Form

To get a quote for the work you require, use the Online Quote Request form:

Quote Request for Works 

Location of Services

Use our Online maps to look for services on existing properties or contact us for further information.