Scenery Car House

Hot Topics

COVID-19 Council Updates

Our services at Alert Level 1.

Service Request Online

Do you have a Council related problem that requires attention?

Kerbside Collections

Week 1 begins Monday 18 January 2021

Tirohia Landfill Resource Consent

View information about this application.

Ngatea Footpath Project

Read our e-newsletter updates

New mining proposal

New Waihi mining proposal shared with Council

Love Hauraki

Support Local

Quote Request for Works in the Hauraki District

  • Water Connection
  • Sewer Connection
  • Stormwater Connection
  • Vehicle Crossing
Information and Pricing

For information and pricing to have a water, sewer or stormwater service connected or disconnected, a vehicle crossing created or other work to be completed by the Hauraki District Council Construction & Maintenance department, please contact one of our Council Offices.

Quote Request Form

If you have already done so and wish to continue please complete the attached Quote Request for Construction & Maintenance Works form [PDF, 170 KB] pdf.gif or use the Online Quote Request form below.

Quote Request for 
Construction & Maintenance Works 


Vehicle Crossings

What is a vehicle crossing?

A vehicle crossing is the area of driveway between a public road and the private property boundary, usually replacing a portion of the public footpath.

If you want to build, modify or repair a vehicle crossing, you must get approval from the Hauraki District Council before you start work, who will ensure that all construction complies with the appropriate standards and location as specified in the District Plan (section 8.4.3).

The construction, on-going maintenance or repair, including the cost, is the property owner's responsibility.

How do I add a Vehicle Crossing?

Create a corridor access request though  (See Corridor Access Request process.)

Complete and upload the following forms to the Corridor Access Request


Corridor Access

If you are a business requiring Corridor Access to work in the road berm of the Hauraki District you must complete a Corridor Access Request.  Find out more


The charges related to vehicle crossings and road corridor access can be found in our Fees & Charges [PDF, 839 KB] document.