Hauraki District Council
District Plan - Proposed Plan Change 4
(Clause 5 of Schedule 1, Resource Management Act 1991)
Hauraki District Council has prepared Proposed Plan Change 4 to the Operative Hauraki District Plan (the Plan Change).
The Plan Change proposes administrative changes to the Operative Hauraki District Plan.
The proposed changes are to amend definitions; correct cross references; update maps, schedules (eg Significant Natural Areas, Heritage Features, Significant Trees) and references to external documents, and; to make relatively minor amendments to improve overall consistency and administration of the District Plan. [Note, the proposed changes do not relate to the Kaiaua Coast area, that is currently still covered by the Franklin District Plan].
The Plan Change consists of the following document (with attachments):
Proposed Plan Change 4: Miscellaneous Plan Change to the Operative Hauraki District Plan.
Please note that Appendix 1 (and attachments 1 - 6) contains the actual proposed text and map changes (additions and deletions) to the District Plan sections.
The Plan Change may be inspected at the Hauraki District Council offices at 1 William Street, Paeroa; 84 Orchard West Road, Ngatea; 40 Rosemont Road, Waihi or any of the District’s libraries in Paeroa, Waihi, Ngatea, Turua, Whiritoa, or Kaiaua, or online at https://www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/plan-change-4
Any person may make a submission on the Plan Change, but, if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposal that -
- adversely affects the environment; and
- does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
The submission must be in accordance with form 5 (as prescribed by clause 6 of Schedule 1 of the Resource Management Act 1991) and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of this form are available from the Hauraki District Council offices, libraries and website.
You may make a submission by sending a written submission addressed Submissions should be addressed to The Chief Executive, Hauraki District Council and can be sent to us by:
Post: Hauraki District Council , P O Box 17, Paeroa 3640
Deliver: to one of the Council offices.
Submissions close at 4pm on 16 October 2020.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the Plan Change
under the Act is as follows:
- after the closing date for submissions, Hauraki District Council must prepare a summary of the submissions and decisions requested by submitters. This summary must be publicly notified;
- there must be an opportunity to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made. The following persons may make a further submission:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest;
- any person who has an interest in the Plan Change greater than the general public has; and
- Hauraki District Council.
- if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held;
- Hauraki District Council must give its decision on the Plan Change (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions); and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time; and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision
- on the Plan Change to the Environment Court if,
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person’s submission on the proposal; and
- the appeal does not seek the withdrawal of the proposal as a whole.
L D Cavers
on behalf of Hauraki District Council
9 September 2020