Refuse Transfer Stations
Ngā Wāhi Para
Locations and Opening Hours
Paeroa Refuse Transfer Station
ph:07 862 8693
Open: 12:30pm to 5:30pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Closed: Wednesday and all Public Holidays
- Scrap metal can be dropped off at Paeroa Refuse Transfer Station.
Waihī Refuse Transfer Station
ph:07 863 6100
Open: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Closed: Tuesday, Thursday and all Public Holidays
- Scrap metal can now be accepted as the recycling area upgrade has been completed.
Charges apply for the disposal of all rubbish (not including items separated for recycling).
View the Disposal Charges
We do not accept cash for payment, but welcome Eftpos, debit and credit cards.
Rubbish and recycling at disposal sites
- Only cleaned rigid plastics 1, 2 & 5, paper, cardboard, aluminium cans and tin cans can be recycled. Plastics 3,4,6,7 must go in rubbish bags.
- Green waste can be accepted.
- All glass goes into the glass bottle bank.
- Batteries - Place household batteries in the bin marked "Batteries start fires".
- No cost for rubbish or recycling in pre-paid yellow bags, all other bags will be charged at usual disposal fees.
- If someone in the household is sick, double bag personal hygiene and PPE products, i.e. facemasks, gloves, etc. and put it in your yellow rubbish bag.
Find out more about Recycling