This page explains how and when Hauraki District Council collects personal information through this website www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out here, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Using this site
Our site can be used to obtain information from us without sharing your personal information.
Sharing your personal information
You may choose to share personal information with us when you:
- give feedback
- complete survey or feedback forms
- participate in user research.
Do not send us sensitive personal information or include it in feedback forms or surveys.
Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- administering, evaluating and improving the site
- improving our services
- responding to your feedback and information provided in forms and surveys
- conducting user research if you registered to participate.
Feedback you provide
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the site.
If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent to appropriate Hauraki District Council staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Hauraki District Council who administer or contribute content to the site. This could include your email address and other identifying information that you have provided.
Survey and feedback forms
If you submit a survey or feedback form to us, it will be sent to appropriate public sector staff.
We may pass on relevant content from that form to other people within Hauraki District Council , other government agencies or third parties who administer or are participating in the particular project or consultation that the form relates to. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows, MacOS
- the type of web browser you use, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other Hauraki District Council staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
This site generates cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage.
The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
Records and disclosure statement
Public records, official information and parliamentary processes
Your emails and contributions to the site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. Hauraki District Council may also need to disclose those materials under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or in response to a parliamentary question.
Access and correct your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any personal information you have provided to us.
Contact us if:
- you would like to access or change your personal information Hauraki District Council has stored
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy.
Hauraki District Council may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org