Property files can be viewed in person at any of our offices or an electronic copy can be ordered by completing the online order form.
We'll need time to gather the information for you which will vary depending on the property file and size, and will most likely incur a fee.
A property file contains documents associated with the property and may include any of the following:
- Building Permits/Consents and associated plans
- Building Consent
- Application and Variations
- Issued Building Consent
- Approved Plans and Specifications
- As Laid/As Built plans
- Code of Compliance Certificates (documents may be excluded for consents not yet issued/approved)
- Latest swimming pool inspection
- Latest Building Warrant of Fitness
- Subdivision and Land Use Resource Consent
- Decision sheet
- Approved plans
- Approved 221 223 224 Certificates
The amount of information we hold will depend on the age of the building and whether work has occurred on the property without us being advised.
A property file does not replace a LIM report. We strongly recommend that you apply for a LIM report.
|Standard residential property - View in person / Emailed link / USB (for pick up or couriered)||Within 20 days following payment||$30 in advance|
|Other than standard residential property||To be determined||To be quoted|
|Requests for limited printed pages will incur printing costs|
Find out more
For more information please read Viewing or ordering a property file.